Become an Agent
Morris Moye Jr. Professional Bail Bonding Company is deeply committed to our bail agents. We are always looking for additional agents who are passionate business professionals, eager to commit to helping underserved citizens, and most importantly ready to invest in their own business.
Morris Moye Jr. Professional Bail Bonding Company is willing to teach professionals how to successfully operate and maintain a long lasting Professional Bail Bonding Company. Our ultimate goal is to train you to be a qualified Agent so you can expand your business within a 2 year period.
Morris Moye Jr. Professional Bail Bonding Company will:
- Teach you how to start-up your business
- Teach you how to manage your business
- Teach you how to guarantee clients
- Teach you how to offer outstanding client-customer service
- Teach you how to market your services
If you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, and you are looking for a new career opportunity this is definitely the business for you! We are dedicated to providing you with services that will benefit your business.
Please complete the Agent Application found on the FORMS tab. Send your completed Agent Application and your most recent Resume via fax or email. Call us today to schedule your interview appointment
Phone: (252)-215-1231 ex. 203
Qualifications for receiving a Bail Bond License in North Carolina:
- Must be at least 18
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Have a valid NC Drivers License or identification issued by NCDMV
- Have never been convicted of a Felony
- Have no misdemeanor drug convictions for the 24 months prior to application to DOI
- You nor your spouse may be employed by law enforcement or the courts
- Have no outstanding bail bond obligations
- Have no current or past violations of any of the NC bail bond laws
- Not have been disqualified in this or any other state to engage in the bail bond Business
- Must be able to prove residency in NC for the 6 months leading up to application to DOI
- If you have any questions about you background or credit information, please contact the Department of Insurance at 919-807-6800.
North Carolina Requirements
Requirement Note of Explanation: As a new bondsman you have to have a supervisor for the first year of business. Application to the North Carolina Department of Insurance will be incomplete without a secured supervising agent. Call Morris Moye Jr. Bail Bonding (252) 215-1231 today to discuss your supervising contract.
- Participate in the 3 Day Pre-licensing Bail Education Class (Cost for class is $500). (Click here for application) All registrations mailed, faxed and online- must be received by 5:00pm the Wednesday prior to the class the student wishes to attend. You can take this class without a supervising agent. Once you take the class find a supervising agent as soon as possible. Your class certificate is only good for 6 months.
- Obtain an application from the NC Department of Insurance (NCDOI).Click here for application. (Application Fee $50.00 plus the cost of licenses applied for. ($183-$263) For more information on the license application/testing click on this link to Candidate Guide. This application must be completed by you and your supervising agent. This application process takes up to 2 months.
- NCDOI will send you a qualification letter (valid for 30 days) that will allow you to schedule a test date for taking the State exam.
- Then, take the State exam on your scheduled date. Exam Fee Cost is $56.50.
- If you Pass the exam your license will be mailed to you.
- If you Fail the exam you will be eligible to reapply within one year.